Updated 18 march 2021
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee places particular importance, in the context of its activities, on guaranteeing the confidentiality of the personal data it collects and uses, and more broadly on protecting the privacy of its customers in particular.
The Data Protection Policy herein describes how your personal data is collected when you connect to and use the websites of the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee (“Sites”) and our mobile applications (“Apps”). It also provides information on how your personal data is used and protected by the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee, the rights that you have and informs you on how to contact us.
We welcome your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you feel that our Sites are in any way non-compliant with this privacy statement, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, we will use all reasonable means to quickly determine the problem and remedy it.
By registering or completing a contact form on our sites controlled by the Rugby World Cup 2023 Organising Committee, you agree to and accept that the Rugby World Cup 2023 Organising Committee may collect, process, store and/or use personal data submitted in accordance with the rules set out below.
By giving us your consent, you also retain the right to rectification, the right to be forgotten and/or the right to delete your personal data.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee collects only necessary and relevant information or receives it from you, via our Sites and Apps.
In some cases, you directly provide us with personal information, for instance when you fill in a form. The information you provide to us includes:
- Contact data (surname, first name, email address, telephone number)
- Opinions and comments posted on our Sites and Apps
- Data relating to the France 2023 Rugby World Cup (stadium, Hospitality products)
In other cases, we may collect data using cookies (for more information, please consult cookies policy of France 2023) in order to better understand how you use our Sites and Apps. The personal data which we collect automatically and directly from you when you use our services includes:
- IP address and device identifiers
- Browser or device technical data (name, device operating system, preferred language)
- Authentication data (login and usage logs, IP address, unique identifier)
- Navigation data (Sites or Apps visited, last pages viewed, advertisements clicked on, products searched for, duration of your visit, products placed in your basket, etc.).
We also have information on the persons designated as beneficiaries of access to a sporting event or event organised by the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee. Their information will not be used for any other purpose.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA – PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee uses your personal data to:
- Inform you about all events relating to the France 2023 Rugby World Cup
- Process and track your request
- Communicate with you about the purchase, or the event you are attending.
We also process data for purposes other than strict performance of contract, having first ensured the legitimate interest in carrying out such processing. The purposes for which we may process your data (including sharing your data as described below) are:
- Organising direct marketing operations and sales promotions
- Carrying out studies and statistics to improve your experience
- Analysing the uses of products and services in order to improve our offers
- Identifying and correcting bugs that may occur on our Sites and Apps to ensure their proper functioning
- Defending our rights to legal defence and litigation management
- Guaranteeing the exercise of your rights.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee may transfer your personal data to:
- Service providers insofar as they are involved for the provision of a product or service;
- Payment service providers handling the appropriate payment transactions and controls;
- Third parties providing us with IT services, such as platform providers, hosting services, technical support for our software and applications that may contain data about you, data analysis, and email distribution;
- Service providers, associated with the organisation of events and events organised by the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee, including those responsible for access to and security within the event arena;
- The administrative, judicial and supervisory authorities, where such communication is required by law.
- Fédération Française de Rugby, with the aim of contributing to the promotion of the Rugby World Cup 2023 and in administrative, operational and technical operations.
- Rugby World Cup Limited, owner of the Rugby World Cup and a subsidiary of World Rugby.
Where you consent to us doing so, we will share your ID and contact data with Rugby World Cup, World Rugby their group companies and organisers of future Rugby World Cups in order to provide you with information, news and promotions about World Rugby, its events and activities (including Rugby World Cups) and the game of rugby;
We will also share your information with Rugby World Cup Limitedfor the purposes of administrative, operational and technical operations.
For information on the privacy practices of Rugby World Cup Limited and the World Rugby group, please visit https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/privacy-policy.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes set out in this Policy, within the legal time limits. This means that we retain your personal data for as long as you log in from one of our Sites or Apps in the last three years.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EU
The data pertaining to you may be processed outside the European Union. In this case, we take the necessary measures with respect to our service providers to guarantee an adequate level of data protection and this in full compliance with the regulations in force.
If the service providers concerned are not located in a country with legislation considered to offer adequate protection, they will then have previously signed the European Commission’s “standard contractual clauses” or will be subject to binding internal rules approved by the supervisory authorities in the field of personal data protection.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To protect your data, we implement appropriate organisational and technical measures. In general, we strive to protect personal data taking into account the sensitivity of the information in question and the potential risks involved in the processing and implementation of the information. We use all appropriate means to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of your data. We also take care to ensure that your data is stored in information systems that offer an appropriate level of security, access to which is protected, restricted and recorded.
We enter into strict confidentiality agreements with all persons involved in the processing of data on our behalf. We furthermore ensure that all staff members and persons involved in data processing comply with all data protection rules and undertake to keep the data processed confidential.
If you believe that your personal data is being used inappropriately by third parties, we kindly ask that you notify us immediately by e-mail at the following address email@example.com
YOUR RIGHTS TO DATA PROTECTION
In compliance with the regulations, you have the following rights:
Right of access – enabling you to receive information about the processing of your personal data and a copy thereof;
- Right of rectification – which enables you, if your personal data is inaccurate, to require it to be amended accordingly; If you have an account, it is easy to change your data via the “My Account” function.
Right to delete / right to be forgotten – which enables you to deletion or removal of your personal data;
- Right to restriction – which enables you to place restrictions on the extent to which we process your data;
- Right to portability – which enables you to receive an electronic copy or transfer of your data from our database to another;
You can also send us your instructions for the retention, deletion or communication of your data in the event of death and designate the person who will be responsible for it.
These rights are not absolute rights, but are exercised under the conditions and within the limits laid down by the regulations.
If you have agreed to receive commercial solicitations electronically, you can unsubscribe by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link found in any email or communication we send you. You also have the right to disable cookies.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS TO DATA PROTECTION
You can exercise your rights at any time by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must be accompanied by a photocopy of proof of identity (national identity card or passport, resident card, residence permit or circulation booklet issued by the French State or European Union identity card). You will be sent a response by the relevant department within one month of receipt of your request.
If you wish and in accordance with the regulations, you may submit a complaint to the CNIL in accordance with the procedures found on its website (www.cnil.fr).
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee attaches the utmost importance to the security and integrity of the personal data of its stakeholders.
Consequently, and in accordance with applicable regulations, the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee undertakes to take all necessary precautions to preserve the security of the data and in particular to protect it against any accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised distribution or access, as well as against any other form of unlawful processing or communication to unauthorised persons.
Despite all the measures taken, a security breach is still possible. This is why, in the event of a security breach affecting you, the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee undertakes to inform you as soon as possible and to make its best efforts to take all possible measures.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Regulations and practices change over time. We therefore reserve the right to make changes to the Personal Data Protection Policy at any time to adapt them to these changes.
In this context, the Personal Data Protection Policy will be republished on our Sites and Apps so that you can become familiar with it directly.